The Infinity Gauntlet Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup mode is available for Fortnite: Battle Royale starting May 8, 2018. The event is scheduled to end on May 15th, 2018. Like a typical Battle Royale game, 100 players descend onto the map to fight one another in a last man standing finish. In this mode, however, the Infinity Gauntlet is hidden on the map, and whomsoever finds and equips it will transform into Thanos from Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War. The Infinity Gauntlet will drop down on the ground anywhere inside the Storm Circle.
Maximum match length is roughly 15 minutes.
- The match will start with The Storm circle already closing in over the island, much like in the Blitz gamemode.
- The storm does more damage than normal, ticking for 5% health during the first circle and 10% for the rest of the game.
As with Battle Royale and all other LTMs, the Mashup mode is free across all platforms.
Infinity Gauntlet Location Edit
- Early in the match, a meteor will land in the storm safe zone, delivering the Infinity Gauntlet.
- This occurs around the two-minute mark.
- Ride the bus to the edge of the circle before diving out. Take as much time before the meteor falls to fly towards the center, periodically deploying your parachute.
- Once the meteor appears, get down as quickly as possible.
- Any player who uses the Infinity Gauntlet will transform into Thanos.
- If Thanos is eliminated, the Gauntlet will fall to the ground, free for the taking. If it sits unused for too long, it will disappear until another meteor appears.
Thanos Abilities Edit
- Ability 1 — A mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Ability 2 — Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Ability 3 — Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Ability 4 — A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
- Thanos has both shields and health. When he eliminates another player, his shields regenerate. His health never regenerates.
- Thanos doesn’t take fall damage.
- Thanos does not build, use weapons or things like Launch Pads. He has no need for such petty human devices.
Available Loot Edit
- Only Rare, Epic & Legendary weapons will be spawned.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Floor Loot spawns nearly 100% of the time.
- Launch Pad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 60.
- Chug Jug, Port-A-Fort, Boogie Bomb, Slurp Juice, Bush, and Remote Explosives drop rate increased.
- Regular Grenade, Shield, and Bandage drop rate lowered.
The idea for the Mashup was in the works as far back as during the production of Avengers: Infinity War, as the Russo brothers would often take a break during filming and play Fortnite. They contacted Donald Mustard, Creative Director of Epic Games, with the idea.
- Despite the connection to Avengers: Infinity War and the superhero theme of the current season, there are no plans to introduce any Avenger costumes to the shop.
- The Infinity Gauntlet marks the very first “Mythic” rarity item in Battle Royale.